18 Thoughts I’ve Had Since Learning to Drive
Since learning to drive I’ve noticed other drivers doing certain things that are just wild. They do things that make zero sense and I just cannot even fathom it. Now I’m not saying people aren’t entitled to make mistakes. I’m by no means a perfect driver, no one is. We’re all human. But these things are things I see so consistently that you start to think they’re not mistakes, they’re bad driving habits. Many of them are really dangerous too. So I bring to you some thoughts I have had since passing my test and being out on the roads solo.
- Why aren’t you indicating? You’re turning so why aren’t you indicating.
- What a knob
- Ah ok, now you’re braking sharply and turning right without using your indicator first. Cool. That’s totally fine.
- Ok, no one is in front of me now, maybe I have a few solid minutes of driving without someone doing something annoying.
- *Someone arrives out of nowhere and overtakes me to get one place ahead of me at the traffic lights*
- The lights are on amber, definitely not going to make it, just changed to red. Oh the car ahead of me has gone through the red light. Well, that’s totally normal and reasonable. I’m sure you have somewhere super important to be like ASDA. *eyes roll into the back of my head*
- YOU ARE LEAVING A JUNCTION WHY AREN’T YOU LOOKING LEFT AND RIGHT. YOU DON’T JUST PICK ONE.
- I AM STILL MAD AT THE JUNCTION DRIVER. KNOB KNOB KNOB KNOB.
- You appear to be reversing without looking around you at all. You don’t even seem to be using your mirrors. What are you doing?
- Why are you braking? There’s literally nothing going on in front of you. The road is clear for miles ahead. There are no dangers. You’re certainly not breaking the speed limit either so please why are you braking?
- Do you need to go that fast?
- Why are you doing 50 in a 30? FFS.
- Why are you overtaking me to get one car ahead of me?
- I see you’ve decided to take up two bays parking your car. How considerate of you.
- How are you in the right lane but suddenly seem to have realised at the last possible moment that you need to be in the far left lane? HOW?
- Why are you pulling out on me???????!!!!!!
- Why would you not look at a roundabout?!?!
- Why are you driving a massive car when you clearly cannot perceive its actual width because you are taking up the entire road.
What annoys you when you’re driving?