Make Up Favourites: May
I bought a few new beauty bits recently and I’ve been really loving them so thought I would do a post on my current favourites to share them with you.
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation: I have been really surprised by this foundation. I wasn’t 100% on it as usually my skin is more on the dry side but during the warmer months it becomes more combination, so I decided to give it a go. I love it. I really love it. Can’t say enough good things about it. It doesn’t stick to any dry patches, it’s full coverage after about two thin layers applied with a beauty blender and it lasts all day without going cakey or patchy. The shade range is also really good, particularly if you’re pale like me. What more do you want from a foundation? Oh and it’s £5.99. B A R G A I N.
- L’Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mega Volume Waterproof Mascara: I’d wanted a new mascara for a while after being disappointed by two high end ones and decided to try the newest one from L’Oreal. I had seen a few adverts and blog posts about it already and it sounded really good. My lashes are really straight and don’t usually hold a curl for very long but this mascara somehow makes them not only curl but hold it all day. It gives plenty of volume and length without making your lashes clumpy and it doesn’t flake off after it dries the way some mascaras can.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer: I got this as part of a gift set for Christmas but after using it since December and still having three quarters of a tube left I would definitely purchase this again. A little goes a long way with this stuff so it’s definitely worth the money (Around £26 normally) because one tube will last you ages. It smoothes over your skin, concealing any dry patches and making your foundation go on as smooth as possible.
- L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer: I’d heard so many people rave about this concealer that I had to cave in and buy it. It’s so affordable at £3.99 (from the L.A. Girl website) and the coverage is amazing. I’ve used it to cover imperfections as well as under my eyes and it really effective for both. It doesn’t sit too heavy under your eye and blends out really nicely. They also have a really wide shade range as well as some colour corrector shades.
- George @ ASDA Get Set Mineral Setting Powder: I found out about this from Rosanna Pierce on Youtube. I went out and bought it immediately so I could try it out and I have to say, it’s really good. I’ve been using it every day to set my make up and I definitely think it’s contributed to my make up lasting all day. It doesn’t dry my skin out either which is great! Also it’s £2. Two pounds. Madness.
- Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer: Another Youtube based recommendation here, this time from Fleur De Force. I’ve never really been a massive fan of Bourjois as most of their foundations are far too yellowy for my skin tone, so I’ve never bothered trying their concealers as I assumed they would be the same. This concealer however is lovely. It really brightens under my eyes and isn’t drying like some under eye concealers can be.
Let me know what your favourite make up products are or if you’ve tried any of my favourites, how did you get on with them?